Sunday, July 5, 2009

Inspiration

I don't know the author of this poem that was shared with me, I apologize. I loved it and wanted to share it with you. Isn't it beautiful?

When I say I’m a Christian,
I’m not shouting I am saved.
I’m whispering I get lost.
That is why I chose this way.

When I say I’m a Christian,
I don’t speak of this with pride.
I’m confessing that I stumble
and Need someone to be my guide.

When I say I’m a Christian,
I’m not trying to be strong.
I’m professing that I’m weak
andPray for strength to carry on.

When I say I’m a Christian,
I'm not bragging of success.
I’m admittingI have failed,
and cannot ever pay the debt.

When I say I’m a Christian,
I’m not claiming to be perfect.
My flaws are too visible
butGod believes I’m worth it.

When I say I’m a Christian,
I still feel the sting of pain.
I have my share of heartaches
Which is why I seek HIS name.

When I say I’m a Christian,I do not judge.
I have not authority.I only know I’m loved

And two more thoughts....
Salvation is a free gift. True discipleship will cost you your life.

Today we heard one of our favorite teachers. The message moved me to tears more than once. The one sentence (paraphrased) that keeps coming back it this: Holiness is not a law that can be enforced but rather a relationship that must be nurtured.

3 comments:

  1. Good thoughts here, Marlene. I think I'll print this out for further study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful poem....so thankful that our service is all about love...not rules or laws. We have loved reading about Jesus again in the book of Luke, and love what He lived and taught...the essence of a Christian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful.

    Darcy

    ReplyDelete