Thursday, July 16, 2009

The bedroom

I'll blame it on hormones(isn't that what makes us make spontaneous, crazy, unjustified decisions of all kinds?? Yeah, yeah..they get the blame!)...I suddenly decided Monday was the day to paint the bedroom. I am not a white walls kind of person, in my home. (I don't mind them in other people's homes.) So, off I went to get my paint and decided on "verde" though I was leaning toward a darker shade. I'd taped everything off before I left, so I was ready to go! Jess and I put on our painting clothes and jumped into the project with my friend, Murray's CD playing and us singing. 1.5 days later, we finished up the project! Nearing the end, I wondered, "what was wrong with white walls? I can't remember...". Only because it was hot and our walls, as it turns out, were never primered so they drank in the dark paint and we had to do a run for more. It is all done, I love it..so does the rest of the family! Now..onward to the master bath.

The quilt on the bed is one Jerry's mom made for us. She died a year or so after she made it for us and we've had it stored. When we moved, I decided she really wanted us to use it and in a couple of generations, it won't mean a lot to anyone so we better just put in on the bed and enjoy it. She cross stitched each big square...it is the size of a king bedspread!!!

Footnote: One reason (of several) I decided on shades of green in my room is because of my "green" experience a couple of years ago. From my bed, I can see a picture of a pink rose bud surrounded by green and matted in a tealish color. Reminds me of my relationships and how they open more as they deepen, only in God's time and planning. My hunter green heart shaped clock...always time for what is in my heart. There is more..but you get the idea. If you don't know about it, you can read about it here:
http://countrybumpkins.wordpress.com/2007/10/16/gods-way-with-disabilities/

2 comments:

  1. love the color!!!

    I was going to ask where you got the qulit.....it is beautiful! I think you are right, Jerry's mom would be happy to know you are using it.

    For some reason I like to have green in my room also.....strange, you don't think we could be related do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your hormones are doing a really pretty job on painting/decorating. I would never trust my hormones to help me pick paint color!

    Darcy

    ReplyDelete