It is strange...one minute, I felt my needs and felt my need to be in close contact with God. Talking about my situations, people on my heart, asking for help and guidance, feeling a huge need in my life and maybe,.....just maybe being a little whiney and needy.
Within hours, I remembered two young boys fighting luekemia. One had a bone marrow transplant today, with his sister as the donor. Both are connected to my community. (Community in my world is about 1/8th of the state, but they are still neighbors in these wide open spaces.)
Also, a friend of mine goes to the doctor tomorrow to investigate a mass found in her body. She's a single mother of two teens.
My co-worker called from the ER, where she is with her 16 month old son who is struggling to breathe.
A dear, dear friend from my past, who babysat my kids and was a trusted confidant in my life during those years, shocked me with news that her 16 year old son had a stroke. I don't know his condition nor do they know the causes yet.
....and suddenly, I felt, urgently, called to prayer with a heavy heart and a THANKFUL heart. Heavy for so many who are in very painful, scary hours of their lives. Thankful because their pain made mine seem so small and made me take a new perspective, immediately. I love the feeling of urgency to pray and the comfort that is in the place of prayer. There is no other place that is that safe. There is nothing like the pain of a friend to take the spotlight off of one's self.
Thanks for checking into my blog. And it is a beautiful, and recognizable picture here! Yes, I will enjoy blogging! And following your's too.
ReplyDelete