Sunday, November 29, 2009

Multiitude Monday --counting my 1000 gifts

Thanksgiving break is over and it is off to school again, tomorrow.

191. I'm thankful for family who fill my days and holidays with purpose and joy.

192. I'm thankful that my Bible has a heartbeat. It is living and new. It never ceases to amaze me how it can be such an old book and be so new!

193. I'm thankful for young wisdom. Oh sure, there is lots of talk about youth and their mistakes but sometimes, their profound wisdom is astounding!

194. I'm thankful for a safe, warm, loving home. Not only for us, for those who take shelter here. I pray God blesses us with giving hearts, overflowing kindness, and all things that give us the power to glorify him.

195. Leftover turkey...yes, I'm thankful! Turkey quesadillas and a Hallmark hall of fame movie. Sitting in a Christmas lit living room, in front of a fire. Ahhh...memories.

196. I love my love of decorating. Creativity makes me happy and makes our house a home!

197. For a phone call from Riley. He tugs at my heart strings and hearing his voice renewed my strong thoughts of him and his Army-mates.

198. I'm thankful for mistletoe and the silly, crazy, fun tradition this little ritual brings us. Kisses for doing the dishes!

199. I'm thankful for the cross. I don't prefer crucifixes because my Jesus is risen. But I'm thankful for the symbol of the cross....how far is the east from the west? (Refer to the Casting Crowns song....)

200. Tomorrow will be an emotional day in our household. I'm thankful that God isn' t a magic genie, but He knows us!! Each heart of every person in this home. I pray for the understanding, by every member, that God answers prayers, sometimes, by apparently NOT answering.

Have a good Monday. Don't let Thanksgiving be the end of blessing counting. Let it be the beginning of having a heart of giving...and full of thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Do hope you are all well. I love to read the things you are thankful for. It reminds me that I also have much to be thankful for.

    I love the pictures...you have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete