Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veteran's Day

Yesterday was our Veteran's Day program at school. We share a band teacher so we had to do ours a day early. Really, everyday is Veteran's Day, especially when our country is at war. I'm thinking of Riley today and praying for him and all of them "over there".


Cathryn was one of our speakers yesterday because we also are celebrating, all year, our district's 100 year birthday. Cathryn attended school in the same valley, when she was a kid. She and her hubby have the best stories in the world! Everyone really enjoyed her speech and Bill said it was the first time ever she agreed to such a thing! We are honored. I love, love, love stories from "back then" and think they need to be told more! Thank you Cathryn! You were a sensational hit! She was introduced as "Jessie's grandma" at Jess's request. They truly are family and I was proud!



Bill was worried she was signing up as she spoke with Tony, the Veteran who spoke to us! Tony said she is probably tougher than the National Guard so he'd take her!!

Little Miss Student Council doing one of her parts...I am sooo proud of this girl and her confidence! She's awesome!

Jess, darkly, as she plays the Star Spangled banner, and as I cry. I wanted to bawl during the whole ceremony. Having a family member at war gives extra meaning to so many patriotic things.

2 comments:

  1. My Daddy's birthday is today.....Vetern's Day. I miss him so much. Thanks for your post about this special day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we were closer to attend these events! Miss seeing your kids in their little lives! Jamie

    ReplyDelete