Today was a planned party to say good bye to our nephew, Riley, before he deployed later this month. Well...two days ago, the Army told him TODAY is the day he deploys! Quickly, we moved the party up to last night. We prepared his favorite foods and sent him off with a full belly. Grilled steaks, baked potatoes, sweet corn, beer bread, cole slaw, several kinds of yummy desserts and homemade ice cream.
There is nothing like sending one of your own off to war that makes you pray for ALL of those over there. I've prayed for them off and on, but honestly, I haven't been consistent. I will be now.

I was busy with the food and didn't take many pictures.
(Riley and his brother, Tristan)


We will be praying for his safe return!
ReplyDeleteThinking of Riley and his family...hoping that he can help get the job done successfuly and come home. Thank you, Riley, for your part.
ReplyDelete