Sunday, August 16, 2009

Multitude Monday

I'm on Sunday again..due to school starting...

Counting my blessings as they are shown to me, randomly, by God:

31. For the pain of my nephew now being across the world in the war torn area. Why? because I WILL pray for those men and women everyday now. And every war is a religious war.
32. I am thankful for Christan freedoms in my country

33. I am thankful for the feeling of my parents being 'right over there'...it is a comforting, wonderful feeling.

34. For tears that I shed when the teachers were prayed for today. I know my place in the public school is a God given thing because it was NEVER my plan. I will take Jesus with me to school.

35. ....for wholesome country entertainment.

36. ....for my children's friends who have a love for God.

37. ...and for those friends who don't because they get my attention and make me pray. Lord, please protect them from the influences of a world without conscience...please.

38. For my small knowledge of God's heart and for the convictions it gives me.

39. ...for friends who hug tightly and who aren't scared when they peak into my soul.

40. ...for hope. For assurance that God is in control in this delicate endeavor we call life.

My heart is fragile today. Having a nephew in the middle east is a new feeling..a new emotion. My heart aches for him and his safety. My heart aches for his mother and daddy. Our babies are our babies no matter the age.

My heart was touched when my son ran to his bedroom to get a Bible and give to his cousin to take with him. I've often questioned his collection of Bibles and spending his money on yet more. That day, I was thankful. I am thankful I know God sees each one and knows the hearts..the needs..and life isn't so fragile when we know Him and what lies in store.

Hug your loved ones. Smell their skin..memorize their eyes. Know them. Love them. Tomorrow may bring changes.

3 comments:

  1. Amen! I deeply enjoyed reading your list today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful. Praying for you and your nephew. Thanks for the reminder to love on our kids.
    Blessings,
    Cory =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh , this was so moving . Life is so emotional. So raw and real. This is what highlights the beauty, the gifts I guess.
    Thank you for posting such

    ReplyDelete