Sunday, August 23, 2009

Multitude Monday

This is my weekly posting of counting my blessings. I try to live thankfully everyday but like Multitude Mondays...see the link at the bottom of this page to the blog that started this tradition.

41. I am thankful for kindred spirits who understand me. My past, my victories, my failures, my joys, my sorrows, my open wounds.

42. I am thankful today for healing. The kind that only comes from God and when it is least expected.

43. For the joy of a special surprise on my Mother's birthday which will continue to make me pray for healing in her family.

44. For the verse in the Bible that tells us to pray for our enemies and those who use us. When I pray for people who make my life difficult, for their well being, for their relationship with God, it humbles me. I need humility.

45. I am thankful for emotional intimacy with my family that comes from gazing at the stars and hearing the elk bugle. Bring a safe place to pour out our hearts and reconnect in a deeper way.

46. I am thankful for opportunity to hear the prayers of others...sitting in while they talk to God. What an honor.

47. I am thankful for my childrens' humor. Emergent teenage-ish humor is truly funny. Laughter is essential!

48. I am thankful for memories. De ja vu moments brought on by a scent, a texture, a moment...that takes me back to a small but great moment sometime in my past. The comfortable places.

49. For sisters who are "there". Even when we don't talk so often, I know they are thinking of me and I of them. I am thankful for the bond of family, shared secrets, shared pasts, shared memories, shared moments now.

50. For my husbands rough, worn hands that reach for mine more often then I reach for his. For the heart behind those hands.

Have a great week! Let me know you've stopped by and peeked into the vulnerable place called my heart!

5 comments:

  1. Giving thanks with you today for all of these blessings ~ all the best!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. 41. I am thankful for kindred spirits who understand me. My past, my victories, my failures, my joys, my sorrows, my open wounds.

    I don't know what I would do without these in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful. There is so much meaning and emotion behind them. I am thankful you have let us "peek into the vulnerable place called your heart." It is lovely...
    Blessings,
    Cory =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing to read these heartfelt and wonderfully written thoughts. I needed this today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do have a beautiful heart! I always love what I find here...

    ReplyDelete