In other words, you choose your life, that is to say, you choose all the conditions of your life, when you choose the thoughts upon which you allow your mind to dwell."
~Anthony Bloom
(IF YOU ARE NEW, SEE THE BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS IS ABOUT....)
Today, I am thankful for these gifts...
11. a day with my son today. My heart aches as I think of him starting high school next week; time flies.
12. Proverbs. There are 31 chapters..one for each day of every month, for me. And the message is always new. How does God do that??
13. James' reminder, in scripture, to love my neighbors with my eyes closed to their flaws, economic status, etc. Jesus died for ALL and desires ALL.
14. Blue skies and fresh air!
15. Although I do not understand all aspects of our war, I am thankful for those who fight for our freedoms. As my nephew leaves, later this month to Afganistan, I pray a little harder for those over there...for God's keeping power, for God's influence in their lives and for strength for those who know and love Him...they are bright candles in a dark place.
16. for a career that I never knew I'd love. I go back to teaching next week, in my second career. I never planned this, never dreamed it, but it fell in my life. I know God plans my life and I'm thankful!
17. for the shades of green and how the lesson never gets old to my heart.
18. for old friends and how comfortable they feel even after a long absence.
19. for new friends who will someday be old friends.
20. for all who walk my journey with me and water my flowers along the path. If you are one of those, leave me a message. I blog for myself..my therapy! But I love knowing you are walking along with me.
Have a wonderful week and treasure the little things.
#11 yes... I know what you mean about time flying! Remember clock time flies...but eternity stays the same... (must be why I think I'm still 20 until I try to get the kinks out of my bones in the morning)!
ReplyDelete# 15 ... also am so grateful for their courage... prayers for your nephew.
#16. As a comrade in the classroom~ blessings for the new school year... you will be salt of the Earth for your students~
and I find that some of my students are salt for me!
All the best ~ Maria
I didn't realize that Proverbs has 31 chapters. I think I will try to read one a day!
ReplyDelete#15~ amen and amen
ReplyDelete#20~blessings! :0)
~Sarah(beauty in the mundane)
I love Proverbs as well. No matter how many times you read it...the lessons are always new!! I love that!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHigh school already?????? Where is the sweet little boy I used to watch? When did he turn into such a nice YOUNG MAN?
in community of gratitude with you,
ReplyDeleteyour list was so heartfelt
thank you for sharing
I love reading your blog. It inspires me to share more. I wish I was a more thoughtful person like you.
ReplyDelete