I'm home from the big city. Cody made it to finals in informational speaking, but didn't place. Jess did a good job on her children's book, but didn't place in that nor in book covers. Jess was sick and we spent most of the day dealing with that. We are relieved it isn't something serious.
On the way home, it was Jess snoozin', Cody rode the bus, and I was exhausted from a sleepless night. So my butterscotch thought was the word "compassion". My mentor, friend and next door teacher lost her grandma day before yesterday and I'll be "absorbing" her class next week, which had me thinking....
Anyway, while lolling around the word, I remembered Mr. Joe. If you ever knew him, you can smile with me! He's in heaven now. Once he was trying to think of the word "compassion", as he was expressing himself, in church. Being that english was his second language, he came out with "compity". Really, it may be more fitting! I loved hearing that man pray because he was so honest, candid and from the heart. Often, his prayers hit my funny bone at the same time they touched my heart.
I had a great visit with Vicki and family. I'll post pics soon. They are on the camera ALL THE WAY out in the car!!!! It's been a long couple of days! I feel the bubble bath calling!
(****Butterscotch thoughts are the ones I love rolling around in my head just as I would a lovely butterscotch candy, but in my mouth, of course. Exploring every angle, savoring every aspect, making it last as long as possible. Butterscotch buttons were/are one of my dad's favorites and they were a TREAT when I was a kid. Still are, honestly! Wild cherry Lifesavers have the same affect, but the way!)
There will never be another one like Joe. I'll never forget the time Mom and I bumped into him in K-Mart in Raton. He had a disposable camera and insisted on taking our picture. Just imagine how hilarious that was....us posing, him winding it for the next picture......He would always ask Mom how her "little daughter" was doing. Miss him!!
ReplyDeleteThat IS funny!!! A portrait in Kmart!! To bad Joe didn't have a blog! Kmart..only in Raton. I am sure they meant to make it a Target!
ReplyDeleteI remember when Jamie and Jennifer laughed out loud the first time they heard him pray.
I don't know if you knew his first wife, but when Joe and Lilly professed, they came to know God and they had a personal relationship with Him that they cultivated each day, in prayer and in meditation. They always asked us to "get down and come in" when we went to visit. He had so many questions when the workers came to visit. His heart was fertile ground and I know that William Berger and George Peterson nurtured him and helped him to come to know the Lord. I miss Joe and Lilly. They were always special people in our little Sunday morning meetings and Wednesday night bible studies. Special Meetings were special to them as were Conventions. It was always from the heart, no sugar coating, no artificial sweetner. Just plain and simple, Joe.
ReplyDelete