Friday, February 13, 2009

Homeless...almost

Not really. Just frustrated. So the building inspector said he'd give us our CO if the other inspectors pass us. He is the one everyone is afraid of and who is supposed to be unbending. Thankfully, we know him through church and maybe that is why he was nice about it...? Anyway, the plumbing inspector signed off. The electrical inspector was coming either Monday or Wednesday. He showed up Thursday. Why, oh why, oh why do these people have to play such games?? Why can't they make a phone call or at least return phone calls?? Grrr....

So he immediately green tagged the hook up work but had complaints about the factory done electrical work. The factory has to answer his complaints..they have to play communication tag..which scares me to death because the inspector doesn't appear to know the days of the week and the factory people don't return calls. Jerry is patient but I'm ready to put on the gloves. (I'm pretty tough, eh??) The co-op is hooking us up today, all the same. (we hope. we are realizing "today" means something different in every building in the county.)

I have a 4 day weekend..perfect time to move in. We are going to move stuff in, but first we have to find a cleaning crew to do the post construction clean up. See, that isn't our job to clean OR to find the crew but ....yeah, one of those things. After making a bazillion calls, I believe the business to be in is janitorial. Yuck. I WOULD do construction clean ups but have no desire to clean up other people's messes other than that. I've had a rough week at school so I was, at least for a day or so, entertaining a new career. I LOVE my teaching job but don't like when kids hurt.

So that is the update. Things are crazy..or maybe it is ME who's crazy..but it will all be worth it in the end. All new projects come with a few headaches, but we keep looking forward to when it is all over and we settle in.

And...hey..leave me a comment now and then! I feel lonely except for Jeanettey and Jamie. The comment button doesn't bite. (that would be ME who does! :)

1 comment:

  1. How frustrating! I am sure it will all work out for the best.....although I am famous for wanting 'it' on my time thinking that is for the best.
    Human nature-----it's a pain in the butt!

    ReplyDelete