Monday, July 5, 2010

Just one more for today!

This is my THIRD post this morning! Catchin' up!!

I just want to share Cody's experience a tiny bit more, for those who are interested.

We found out that the first biopsy was melanoma as we were in between checking cows and visiting the cemetary. I broke the news to the family when I got off the phone. Cody and I stood hugging, at my grandparents' grave and I didn't cry. The lump in my throat HURT but I was strong. He comforted me and said, "it's okay, Mom, it will be okay."

As we went thru the waiting period, I would ask, "are you okay?" " How are you emotionally?" "Mentally? Spiritually?" He would tease me about the mental one...but he kept saying, "I'm fine, Mom." I asked him if the "C" word scared him. He said, "kinda". He told me was praying for a peace beyond understanding. This song, was his a summary of his prayer.

Lyrics to Lord (I Don't Know) :
You are the author of knowledge
You can redeem what's been done
You hold the present and all that's to come
Until your everlasting kingdomLord,

I don't know where all this is going
Or how it all works out
Lead me to peace that is past understanding
A peace beyond all doubt

You are the God of tomorrow
Turning the darkness to dawn
Lifting the hopeless with hope to go on
You are the rock of all salvation

Lord, I don't know where all this is going
Or how it all works out
Lead me to peace that is past understanding
A peace beyond all doubt

Oh, Lord, you are the authorRedeeming what's been done
You hold us in the present
And all that is to come
Lord, we don't know where all this is going
Or how it all works out
Lead us to peace that is past understanding
A peace beyond all doubt

When other's close to him would be scared, he would be the comforter. He truly was not fearful.
In the hospital, he still had the same peace. He joked with nurses and doctors the ENTIRE time. They were looking at us like, "Do you have a clue what melanoma is???" and I was thinking, "Do you have a clue who this boy's Saviour is??"

I don't tell you this to brag on my son. I tell you this because his faith and love of God his WHOLE. LIFE.LONG has uplifted me and encouraged me beyond what words can describe. From the time he was 2 and said, from his carseat, "Mommy, so what can you tell me about the children of Israel?" to when he was 5 and wanted to give his life to God. For the time when he was 5 and we had to read thru Exodus..every single waking moment until we were done. And for a million times like that. He has made me open my Bible from the time he was tiny. So, this is Cody's story...and I wanted to share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment