Foster parenting. Am I any good at this? I am wondering.
Nine months ago, she came to live with us. We barely knew each other. Different cultures, different expectations, morals, religions, everything. Everything.
Anger came, trust built, feelings poured out. I'm good at nurturing. I love loving. I'm a mother.
Today, it is time to give back. Reunite.
My heart is torn. I love this girl! She's partly mine. I miss her. I will miss her. I love her.
Healing. That was the purpose of it all. Healing and a better time. We were a bridge between a bad and a better time.
I want to keep her. I want to keep them all. It is hard to open my arms to heaven and let her fly back home. I trust. He will watch over her. She loves Him.
But it is really hard, on both of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment