Where to begin?
261. I'm thankful for healing...
262-269. for freedom, for stablility, for elation, for joy, for reassurance, for guidance, for confidence, for surety. For all good things that are given when a choice is the right choice.
270. I'm thankful for my "for now" daughter who came to us, last night, thanking us for taking her in. For the things she likes about our home, the things that make her feel safe here, the things she hopes to incorporate into her home when she returns there...or has her own home someday.
271. And as she was thanking us for things like not yelling, I jogged back to the days of early motherhood when I realized how much I hated that, when mothers/fathers yelled at lives they were supposed to nurture. Those "REAL" moments are what solidifies decisions like no yelling.
272. And for dinner around the table. It is one of my favorite times of day, every day possible. We all sit, eat and share our day. We did it growing up, so I jogged back to childhood days of kicking my sisters under the table and fighting for turns to talk as we randomly, quickly, happily jumped from subject to subject as our parents listened. I love that she loves this as much as we do.
273. For reassurance, again, that this was the right choice for our family. God has grown us all!
274. I'm thankful for the deep, crazy-passionate passion put into my husband and I when it comes to protecting our children. I love how that shows me a small example of how much God loves his children. His protection for us is soooo much more than ours for our kids and that amazes me.
275. I'm thankful for simple birthday celebrations...last night's soup and bread, then cake and ice cream. I love that it is enough to make "moment memories". The warm kind that come back later and warm my heart. I love our chosen family!
276-277. I'm thankful for Hebrews 11 with all those "By faith..." verses. In their weakness, they were made strong. It seems their weakness became their mission/ministry. I am thankful that verse 41. of that chapter says, "By faith Marlene...." I'm not sure what weakness he will make my ministry next, but I'm thankful for the ones that have helped me so far.
278. Tomorrow my daughter is back in the car with me. I missed her today. Our mornings are wonderful times!
279. ...and for ice cold lemon water.
280. ...and my long down coat for recess duty.
No comments:
Post a Comment