Sunday, January 3, 2010

Multitude Monday-Counting my 1000 gifts...up to 260

I'm thankful for a new year! I guess it is hard for me to look at life as whole years..I prefer days, or even moments. But..2010 has great promise, day by day and I'm thankful.

Our holidays were nice and family was together..a wonderful gift! My sisters and their families, The Hickmans..our neighbors/soon to be neighbor/chosen family, Selina, our "for now" daughter and her family. If I count each one it is somewhere around 30 gifts! Each one unique and appreciated.

I'm thankful for unconditional love. I'm really thankful for that! The person that has made me most aware of this, this time, is my mother. Parents love unconditionally, and mine always have. I just appreciate my Mom's accepting of me, of my family, and of who we are. It is kind of personal, so I'll be vague here, but just know I am so thankful, and I hope I will ALWAYS, ALWAYS love my children unconditionally with respect for who they uniquely are.

I'm thankful for God's ability to continue miracles in modern times. In Mark 6, there is the story of Jesus feeding the 5,000 with five little rolls and 2 fish. 12 apostles fed the 5,000. If my math is right, each one would feed about 417 people with an average of less than half a loaf and less than a quarter of a fish! Then, there were LEFTOVERS!!!

So I was thinking about this and thought about how we are fed, spiritually, in church, or in our quiet time with the Bible, or in fellowship with others. We might leave God's presence with about half a verse, or half a chapter from the Bible, and maybe a stanza of a hymn or worship song. With that, God can perform miracles and feed so many by our joy, our kindness, our fruits that come from HIM. It wasn't just in Bible days! And I love that and am so thankful!

Then, the next day, the storm hits, just like in Mark 6 and we are scared to death and forget the miracles of yesterday that we hardly recognized. Jesus appears in the storm and we don't recognize him! In some ways, times just don't change!

No comments:

Post a Comment