Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Memory Lane

I went to my hometown today...

Remember Kinney's shoes? GASS shoes that made you run fast and the GASS impression on the bottom looked so cool all over the playground? Kinney's Shoes building is empty and ugly.

Dunkin Donuts is still busy as ever in the same little spot. I think I still wear a few donuts on my hips from back then! Bavarian cream..YUM. I won't dare step in there anymore...it is a memory, sadly.

One Hour Martinizing...I wonder if they still have that same radio ad? Who would know what martinizing is?

My meeting was in the same hotel that hosted one of my friend's wedding reception almost 19 years ago. They aren't married any longer, but I recalled the day and our first trip home as married people...just being married two weeks before. It was that day, in the PACKED Catholic church, in my hometown, that my new husband loudly whispered "hiyo hitler!" when everyone raised one hand in prayer. Ay, yi, yi!!! We laugh about it now, but I couldn't believe it at the time!

I love memory lane!

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about Dunkin Donuts the other day, wondering if they were still around! They have been there for years!!!!! The Bavarian Creme's were absolutely the best! Justin and I drove down Cerrillos Rd when we were there, and saw old landmarks, and new buildings where landmarks used to be. Memories....

    ReplyDelete