Stupid devil. I just hate him so much. More than ever. I admit, I have been in cahoots with him a time or two and kind of liked him once or twice. Not today. I hate him with a passion.
A little background information...My children encourage me so many times. I love their conviction and courage in their relationship with God. I love their boldness amongst their peers and their dedication to their convictions. I NEVER had that as a teen/preteen. I had a love for God but very little understanding of who He is and what His spoken word said/meant. I stand in awe of them, silently mostly, and am so thankful.
My son has been fighting a couple of tough battles. High school is an ugly place where immorality is a namebrand crown that seems to be the trend of the day. Cussing is cool, drugs are common and sex is a 15 minute passtime. It is not a Godly place. That said, I am thankful for the two or three friends my son has who do manifest their Christianity. My son doesn't wish to conform. He just needs strength to stand strong and understand God's purpose in being there...and if he should remain there or search out another option. And there is more, but it's to personal to blog. If you are a person who prays to God, we welcome prayers.
I am very thankful for the random calls, emails and visits to our home by people who don't know the "throw downs" with the devil, the tears, the prayers that have happened in our family. Last week, within one hour, two of my Bible study mom friends contacted me having felt a strong need to pray for Cody and our family...not knowing of the battle. We committed to pray for each others children and husbands, several weeks ago.I found comfort knowing God was calling in backups to help us. Also, I was reminded that my children are on loan. They are HIS not mine.
You might feel uncomfortable reading this personal blog post. I've learned something...often, I hold in the struggles and pain. I paint the outside a pretty color and pretend all is perfect. However, I've learned the power of prayer and the power in uplifting each others' hands in the battle. I'm learning, little by little, to live more honestly amongst those who love me and more honestly with that lady in the mirror.
The worst pain I've ever gone thru is not broken bones, major surgery, cuts or bruises. It is the pain of one of my children hurting. I used to have control of their hurts and healing, but God is weaning them away from depending on me and drawing them close to depend on Him; who is much more equipped to heal the hurts.
I read this earlier in the reader but am just now making the blog rounds.
ReplyDeleteI love your heart.