Sunday, September 27, 2009

Multitude Monday--counting my 1000 gifts

I look forward to Multitude Mondays!

82. I'm thankful for miracles. For the God who still performs them in our lives. For little ones, for big ones, for those I didn't recognize until I look backward at life and see how He was working when I didn't realize.

83. For songs and song writers whose songs touch me so deeply. For example, many songs sung by Casting Crowns.

84. For my girlfriends. Yes, my closest ones, but today, I'm thankful for those sisters who barely know me and I barely know them. But somehow, we encourage each other and love each other in a deep, but very shallow kind of way. A comfortable acknowledgement.

85. For mothers who give their babies up for adoption. What a sacrifice of love!

86. I'm thankful for convictions in my life. I love realizing I really am solid in something I once was shakey about. I'm thankful for growth.

87. I'm thankful for teenage humor at its worst. For the eruptive laughter it brings that is contagious. And most of all for the power of laughter that makes you forget what started it all!!

88. I'm thankful for my parents interest and excitement in our lives. For their gracious grace!

89. For today, when I told my Dad I broke a tool of his and would replace it and he made a joke of it and insisted I not replace it. It brings back so many memories...like when I wrecked a vehicle and his words were, "as long as you are okay, the car can be fixed."

90. I'm thankful for more healing, warming, wonderful sunshine! I wasn't done with summer and I'm glad it wasn't done either.

91. For front porches and neighbors.


I want to live thankfully. Less critical. More gracious. More forgiving. Savoring each moment.
Giving thanks for every little thing and taking nothing for granted. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment