In counting my 1000 gifts, I'm only getting started! I think of them all week! Because of this, this little endeavor has served me well. By the time Monday rolls around, they don't all get posted, but I remember to say "thank you" to the one who deserves to be told!
If you are wondering what this is about, see the button at the bottem of my page. This comes from a blog I follow.
51. I am so thankful for holiday weekends when I have my family all to ourselves!
52. ....for my fun kids! They are so much fun to be with.
53. ...for my husband who is so good at driving a huge truck with a long trailer and never, ever, ever gets stressed over it, but likes it!
54. For camping. There's something about sleeping in the same smallish space that is so good for the soul.
55. For the cool church experience we had Sunday. We walked into a neighborhood church, we just took a chance and randomly picked. We have come to enjoy this in places we visit.We learned it was two churches, merging into one. Blacks and whites...burning down the barriers and loving each other. Heaven won't have separations by races, I'm quite sure. So why do we here on earth? I love our God of rainbows!
56. For coming home and loving home.
57. For the ache in my heart of wanting to cling to family time. My kids are growing up so quickly and I know these wonderful times are limited. God, give me the grace to enjoy each moment.
58. For email. Hearing from Riley, across the world from us, brings so much comfort. Just a few sentences, but they mean so much from such a foreign land. My nephew, so familiar, in a foreign place. So scary. I'm reminded that God is in control, I should not fear.
59. I'm thankful that tomorrow matters. Not as much as today, but it matters. Tomorrow needs my prayers because only God knows what it holds. And I trust Him!
60. I'm thankful for growing pains in my kids. Yes, even the kind that hurt the very depths of my own heart. I know God is working and building trust in Him. Again, I am so thankful I know I can trust Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment