Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Up on the TIDE box!

I was sitting in "traffic"(yeah, that's a concept foreign to here!) I was in the car ALONE which meant I got to pick the music! WOOHOO!! I was waiting for the pilot car, which will be a daily activity from now thru the end of school, clicking through the presets on my XM radio. I listen to Christian talk radio sometimes and as I clicked onto it, I heard that aliens are killing people. WOW. I glanced down wondering what kind of station I was on. The Roswell network?? Sci-fi? Have the men in my family been switching my presets?? When I saw what channel I was on, I..well..I turned it up! Curiosity killed the cat. It turns out, the man was talking about "illegal aliens"(those martians who sneaked in). Who EVER coined that phrase??? People who immigrate to the US are immigrants. Even if they are illegal ones. I think "aliens" should become taboo just like that "W" word we used freely growing up and it is now politically incorrect.

1 comment:

  1. I agree...I've wondered about the same verbage many times....

    ReplyDelete