Friday, March 6, 2009

This week...

It has been a busy week. We are "in"!!! We are still digging through boxes, but it is nice to be in. I'm looking forward to being settled in and start a new normal.

Monday, My brother in law's mother passed away rather suddenly. My heart has been reaching over to Arkansas all week. It brought back so many memories and emotions from about 14 years ago when Jerry's mom died. It is like Jerry said, "I can't lie, is just doesn't get any easier as time goes on." Moms are special people.

Justin's mom, Cheri Lee (I'm not sure on spelling, sorry) was a sweet lady with a great smile and contagious giggle. She was always kind to us and seemed to genuinely care for us. I like those qualities. I feel for the loss of my loved ones and know the hole a death leaves. That has been my main thought process all week.

I'll post a brighter post soon....hugs to you all the same.

1 comment:

  1. Marlene, thank you for the comment on my blog. Losing a Mom is a heartwrehching thing, I am so sorry that your husband knows what that is. My thoughts and prayers are also with your sister and her husband right now.

    ReplyDelete