What I've learned this weekend:
1. We have entirely to much "stuff".
2. Even after boxes of "goodwill" stuff, we still have entirely to much stuff!
3. I know exactly where the sun rises over the hills from my chair in the living room.
4. I know that we are resilient and I thank God for that. I was worried about this move and, as a family, we feel a closeness and unity.
5. Even though our country was founded on Christian values, values are nothing without a relationship with God. Our country has strayed a long ways. (Courtesy of Cody as we began studying Isaiah today.)
6. I wish my blender could talk. I've had it since high school graduation. It is retiring as soon as I go to a "big town".
7. I value my old stuff more than the new. I love the Hickman's coffee pot, my grandmother's rolling pin, my old family quilts, etc. more than most anything else I own.
8. I'll clean my house cleaner for strangers, who will move in, than for us. Now that is dumb!!
9. I love my parents so much. Their wisdom, patience, generosity, excitement, involvement, love, encouragement, caring, etc. etc. etc. mean so much!
10. Blogging is a great way to sneak away from moving chores.
I am so excited for you guys...and don't forget to get a message when you go to a big town and get a new blender. But, make totally sure you rip the tounge out of the old one... the stories it could tell! :>)
ReplyDeleteI am working on a surprise for you guys...what year were you goof balls married?
1991??
Michelle