Thursday, March 19, 2009

an open letter about my faith

If you were to ask me what church to attend, I would not tell you. I would tell you to pray for guidance. If you were to ask me if only one church is right, I would tell you my opinion....a personal relatonship with God is right. I would tell you about the joy God has brought into my life, but only if you ask. I am not a tree stump Christian nor one with an agenda that is in any way negative. My agenda consists only. only. only of my salvation, knowing the true scripture, having a personal relationship with God and loving those around me with the realization that my Jesus died for them. Of course, raising my kids to know God is also a big part of what is important to me.

My spirituality is very personal to me and yet very public because it is who I am. Knowing God has been a painful, hard, emotional, wonderful, joyous, heart wrenching, euphoric, tearful, etc. etc. experience and I'm pretty sure it will continue to be most of those from time to time.

I love reading the Bible! I love studying with my family and my Bible study group. I find huge joy in it and for that I'm thankful. I talk to God all day. He isn't a friend I leave in the prayer place, he's one who is beside me all day.

My point is this: My spirituality is mine. The path I've taken is not contagious, so I don't need to be feared.

3 comments:

  1. Very well put! Please just keep always being yourself! We love you just the way you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've loved these last two posts, Marlene. I feel like slowly I'm learning that it's not so much about "being right" but knowing God and walking with Him, letting Him lead. And it is so personal, so individual. Loved your thoughts...

    ReplyDelete