During our move, I found some things I'd written down that Jess said when was was little. She was five, in Tae Kwon Do: On her first day she came home and told me they warmed up with jumping jacks, push ups and cracks. She meant crunches!!
Then, she was in the pre-reading stages and saw the word, "look". She was studying it, recognized the "l" and saw two "o"s. She had heard Cody and Matt using the little ditties to help remember vowel team rules and I heard her say, "when two "L"s going walking, the first one does the talking. Cracked me up!! Ls, vowels, they all sound alike!
Good for you for writing that stuff down -- I didn't! Lauren in particular was always trying to use words that were beyond her comprehension, and it was hilarious to hear what came out of her mouth.
ReplyDelete:D Laytin is still coming up with funny things...the other day I was explaining things to him & he was getting frustrated, and he goes ..."jamie you are using a mean tune!"
ReplyDelete