Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I wasn't ready for 2008 to end! It flew by much to quickly! But, even though I protested, they didn't stop the clock for me so I was dragged into 2009 whether I wanted to or not! Well...the truth is, I didn't like the options involved of not coming into 2009! So, now we are here and let's make the most of it!!

The four of us stayed up (kinda) and brought in the New Year. We played "Apples to Apples", some video games, a little nap....and Jessie jostled us all at 5 til midnight to drink champagne. In the 9.5 years we have lived here, this was the first time we've been just family on New Year's Eve. With all the changes, this whole holiday season had its "firsts". Not bad firsts, just firsts.

Looking ahead to the new year....Cody is looking forward to a learner's permit later this year. Jessie is looking forward to decorating her new room, when it is built. Jerry is hoping to find some domestic goats to scare..a result of watching Mythbusters. And me..well, my first goal is getting into our new home. I also am going to work on getting "highly qualified" to teach mid school.

Looking back at 2008...Pat and Matthew moved to California and we surely miss them!! The ranch sale went through. Those are the big news flashes of the year! Lots of smaller blessings though...a principal who truly believes in Cody..a mentor, an encourager etc. Neighbors who are our chosen family and who love deeply. Jessie winning a park naming contest. Me having a job where I can drive my kids to school and have one hour a day just to talk with them as we drive. Jerry "retiring" and having more time to spend with us..camping, traveling, playing. My parents living close. Health, life, an assurance of God on a daily basis. Looking at my list, I realize all of those are pretty big!

Love, hugs and best wishes for a great new year! (I hope you'll leave me a comment or two this year as you read along! They mean alot to me.)

3 comments:

  1. Marlen-
    I read your blag but never comment. But you talking about all the changes and moving made me think of the two winters i got to spend time with your family up there I had so much fun you guys have always made me feel like family. I went and found some old photos of that time they are one facebook. Have a great New Year! Katlyn De Hart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katlyn! I didn't even know you were a reader. I loved the pics but they gave me a lump in my throat. So many memories in this old house and on this old piece of land! Time flies!! Today is a toughish day because of the new owners taking over the ranch. I love this piece of land, but I'm reminded that God owns the earth and we are just passing thru.(Selling was the right thing to do and I support the decision.) I know he has a plan, knew my emotions before I felt them, and can lift up my selfish heart today! Love you, girl! You will always be an extra niece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss that you had a blog? I love it. I love that you're so spiritual. It's inspiring. I'll definitely stop by every now and again!

    ReplyDelete