I'm spilling over my heart today. I've been emotionally and spiritually churning lately and I haven't felt like letting my heart be "naked" on my blog. Today, I almost do...so here it is. (Don't shy away, I am not baring all, even today!)
We didn't attend church today for a multitude of reasons/excuses. Yes, I say that because what is a reason to one is an excuse to another. It is all in perspective, isn't it? Just like all things in our life...things that seem like obstacles can be seen as opportunities. Difficult times can be seen as periods of growth. A happy face might really be a veil hiding the pain. Just a reminder to me not to judge others and where they are in the moment unless I've looked into their heart. Unless I've heard them pray. ...Kindness, acceptance, allowing others the freedom to establish where they are and what they are experiencing without my interpretation. Really, the proof of our experience is in our conversations with God. That is when we are really honest and that is when we learn what the right perspective is.
I've been thinking about a word that, after rolling around in my mind for a month or so, has become foreign and odd. Do you ever do that? Think of a word so long it sounds funny? The word is worship. Is it a place? Is it a time of the week? Is it an hour on Sunday? Is there a right or wrong way to do it? Without Websters help, what does it mean?
For me, here is my conviction...worship is honoring, respecting, devoting myself to God always. That is it. Every day, every moment. Worship should be my lifestyle. The verse that I like best is Romans 12:1 present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. Of course, this is impossible to do on my own. It is all interactive, interwoven, interdependent...all the factors brought on by God's Holy Spirit. It isn't my testimony of what I am but my goal of what I want God to make me.
One more thing....I want to be a person who loves deeply. Not conditional, based on silly human standards and expectations. Human "love" is like that and it stinks. That brand of love doesn't draw, it repels. It is easy to love "our own" deeply, but I'm talking the bigger circle...
Will you keep my nephew, Riley, in your prayers? He enlisted in the Army last week and will head out in the next couple of weeks. He will probably be heading the the Mid East. He is in his early 20's, unmarried, no kids. I admire his commitment but admit I am scared to death. Eventually, the war hits us all in the heart, doesn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment