Monday, October 4, 2010

way behind but still counting my gifts! Up to 875 now

you know those times when you are sure you've been cursed and your world has been rocked?..and then you realize it is a big ol' blessing instead? Yeah, Lizzie and I are thankful for those times.

I'm thankful for my daughter who is so great at loving. And for her lapful of boys this weekend. They were only ours for a short time, but we fell in love. I love falling in love!
And I'm thankful for the times I heard "Mama" when my babies where hurt, hungry, scared etc. I'm thankful I was/am their Mama and Im get to see them grow up. I'm very thankful for that!
For ability and the beauty of athletes!


For the programs at our high school. My son is the voice of the rams and they broadcast on the internet for far away people to watch. He is good. It is a gift, and I'm thankful. I love when my children feel success.
I'm thankful we are a foster family. It hurts to think of the lives of the children, but I realize we are not the solution but just a tool in the process.
I'm thankful for cool evenings and warm fall days. For colors in the canyon. I'm not ready for winter but I love the distinct expression of the seasons.
I'm thankful for the way friends come together in crisis.
....for bugling elk, as they play out their annual love stories.
...and the song of the geese who sing words when others are taking a breath. And yet, it is a beautiful harmony.
....For rain. The sound on the roof, the lightning in the distance and rolling thunder.
...for hope
... for prayer..both given and asked for.
...for moments of peace when my soul can rest, even if it is just short moment.
What are you thankful for today?




1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for answered prayers. Of course those are the most easy to be thankful for....but that doesn't change the joy!

    You should post or send me the link to watch/listen to Cody. We would love it!

    ReplyDelete