Saturday, June 5, 2010

Kicking off summer!

We celebrated 19 years of marriage, to start off June! It is completely unreal that it has been that long and that we are this old! HA!
The kids were involved in helping teach Bible school this week. Jessie taught songs and Cody taught recreation. They had a blast and loved doing it. I really love seeing the influence of older kids on younger kids. The little ones respond so well to the older ones and the older ones get confidence and encouragement in their faith. It was a great week!
Below is Jess with some of her friends after a water fight.



This is Beki and Cody. Yes, it is Cody's girlfriend. She is a very nice girl from an incredible family.
Here are Jess and Jamie roasting hotdogs one night in our yard. They took a break from roasting to make up and sing a few songs, puncuated with much laughter!


A group of friends had a great afternoon in the swimming pool. Summer is just great!

That is a sampling of the start of summer in our circle. I love summer. I love the kids being home, them being HAPPY and able to completely be themselves. It is some serious food for thought to think of the pressure immorality, values, drug use, alcohol use, etc. that is so prevelant in our schools, affect them so negatively and drag them down so much during the school year. The upswing of that is I see great growth in character, faith and wisdom that come from having to be strong. For that, I'm thankful! (And it isn't even Monday yet!)






2 comments:

  1. What great pictures!

    Congratulations on 19 years! May you guys have many more years full of happiness!

    Want to send any of your kids my way for a week this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete