This is the last week of school! It is always bittersweet for me. I have fallen in love with my 14 homeroom students, my 10 reading group students and my 11 math students. All together, that is 28 reasons I am thankful. Each child is unique. I see their struggles, their strengths, their individuality. I love it! (#457-485). They love me too and that means the world to me!
I'm thankful for each day of school...a contract...because those are a bit more rare this year than last and will be even more rare next year. (up to #645)
On a more personal level, I am thankful for my son's lettering in track. He has overcome personal struggles and blown the doors off of "impossible". I am SO proud of him!! I'm thankful for my daughter's dedication in her school work and her academic abilities. I'm so proud of her too! And then, my "for now" daughter...she is in the beginning stages of reunification with her family. I'm thankful for the growth I see and even for the fears she has in going back to her life as normal again. In all, I realize we all have struggles but it is the struggles that make us stronger. (up to #648)
I have pictures to post later, but wanted to get in my thankfulnesses for today.
adding a few of the simple things....
649...dandelions
650...new shades of springtime greens
651...ice cold water with a straw
652...bedding plants
653...the smell of dirt
654...fresh eggs
655...open windows and a fresh breeze
656...baby pictures
657...the American flag
658...Veterans
659...the loud "VROOOM" of Harleys on the Run for the Wall
670...Bible study
671...cotton skirts
672...coffee in a perfect cup
673...summer vacation!
coffee always tastes better IF it is in the PERFECT mug!
ReplyDelete