Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mulititude Monday (on Sunday) Counting my many gifts

#341. Today, I am thankful for a small dose of vitamin D!
YES..SUNSHINE!

342. I'm thankful for family moments.

343. For deep conversations weighted with truths from the heart. Conversations that lighten the soul because the sentiments are shared.

344. I'm thankful for this verse in Psalms 51, "the sacrifice of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart..." and for the realization that all God wants is my surrendered life.

345. I'm thankful for a quilt my grandmother made. My mom gave it to me last week and I found comfort snuggled under it. Tonight, I gave it to my daughter. Oddly, a piece of a most important woman in my life, a guardian angel, now keeping my daughter warm. I wish they could have known each other.

346. I chuckle as I write this one...I'm thankful for hormones! HA! Yes, those things that make me crazy, make me cry, make me a woman.

347-353. I'm thankful for today. Let me tell you about today because there are many thankfuls in today! My foster daughter prayed to accept Jesus as her savior and Lord of her life. We all cried and prayed for her and with her. I was thankful for elation in my son's eyes and for the prayer he prayed for her. I'm thankful for my own (birth) daughter's words, "I talk to God all day at school," as we talked about how God is always with us and how He loves to hear from us. I'm thankful for my foster daughter's courage in talking to her birth father about it tonight. I'm thankful for the tears that well up in her eyes everytime she explains what God has been doing the last few weeks in her life. I can't tell you all the thankfuls I feel over this event. I am also so thankful I was able to share today with her. She could have been in another home, but she is here.

354. I'm thankful for simple things.

355. I'm thankful for today and for the assurance that tomorrow is not a random day, but a planned event. I can't wait to see what unfolds!

holy experience

1 comment:

  1. A most beautiful list!
    Your foster daughter asking Jesus into her heart is indeed a gift for which to be thankful.
    I join you in being thankful for family moments as they are so important in our lives.

    ReplyDelete