Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Brrrrr!! It is cold outside!

I remember, as a kid, March meant wind, allergies and playing outside in warmer weather. Hmmm.....not THIS March! We are home on a snowday. The millionth of this school year, which means we'll be having Friday school and possibly school into June. Ugh. I am willing to brave the roads, but the decision makers didn't call me!

So, my class wrote letters to my nephew, Riley, in the army in Afganistan. I told them to entertain him and his men and make their letters creative. Two of my 2nd graders "made up" jokes. Oh boy! One of them was: What do you get when you cross a goose and a moose? A moosey goosey. They DIED laughing as one included this in her letter. She was soooo proud of her contribution to making Riley smile.

One brought in a book of poems to share with the men. Also contributed were a bag of Ruffles, a jar of tabasco like sauce and a ball to play with. It is fun to see what they think the men need over there, across the world.

I'm a HUGE fan of Relationship and quite the opposite of religion. I heard that the Jehovah's Witness's believe only 144,000 people will make it to heaven. So...why in all the world do they have children?? And why, whyWHY do they go door to door to recruit more members? I'm guessing the maximum load in heaven was reached generations ago. Just my confusing ponder of the day...

I've told you before, but Jess came home from kindergarten troubled because a classmate wouldn't stand for the pledge. It deeply offended her that someone couldn't honor her flag!! I asked why and she said, "because he is a Joe Hobo witness. Who is Joe Hobo, anyway??" (I don't believe in poking fun at religions, but some of the absurdities just don't rest well on my brain.)

Well, back to the Cinderella chores. It is nice to have a day off, even though I have NO idea how I'm going to have my math kiddos ready for the big state mandated test. That is a whole other post that will raise my blood pressure and make me want to type bad words, so I'll leave it at that! Have a warm day and a cozy heart today!

1 comment:

  1. B-E-A-Utiful header picture, even though I know it's not snow you're wanting to see. You've maybe had more snow this year than we have.

    I'm so done with religion, too. The more I see of it, the more I'm sure that wasn't what God ever intended. Love your posts...

    ReplyDelete