I haven't given you reason to laugh at me for a while, so laugh WITH me...
Today, I had a 3rd grade boy in my class who felt badly. My diagnosis is a sinus infection judging by the boogers and headache. I sent him to the nurse for tylenol for is headache about 10:45. At 11:15, when it was time for recess, I told him he needed to stay in from recess and just relax.He laid down on my couch and watched the other kids play. I had three others in, due to sickness, but they were playing with my Marbleworks on the floor right by the couch where Trenton was laying. They weren't playing quietly either!
11:45...I said, "okay, go to lunch!" and kept grading my papers in a quiet room for five more minutes.
12:20...I came back from lunch in the teacher's lounge and jumped at what I had previously thought was a pile of blankets on the couch that suddenly had a head and was snoring!!
Yes, I'd left this poor boy sleeping all through lunch time and part of recess. I thought he was a pile of blankets! I did get him a "to go" tray and it is here in the room. He is still snoring softly on the couch and his dad said that is fine, when I called him! Whew!!!
If you filled out a form suggesting we get approval as foster care parents, you might want to send in a rebuttal form!
Waaaayyyy to funny! Atleast you didn't go and sit on him. Be glad your room is a place he can feel comfotable enough to sleep in.
ReplyDelete