It is Heinz, the BIG bottle, usually! Today, it is generic "catch up", not ketchup!
This past week, the 15th, was my grandmother's birthday. She's been gone 15 years. I miss her. I think I'll miss her forever. I miss her humor, talking with her, her love of sweets, her hands, her eyes, her smile..her love of me! Happy Birthday, Grandmother!
One of my students was scheduled to get a cornea transplant last week. He didn't get the transplant and is, instead, completely blind in that eye now. He has very limited vision in the other. I was sad for him. I've talked to him a few times and he is in good spirits. The whole experience made me think NOT worrying about the small stuff. I could better spend my time praying for people who have BIG stuff going on.
It is difficult watching my foster daughter hurt. I want the tears to come, the anger, all of it. It has to come out. But is is hard to watch and just listen and hug. I wish I could fix pain and brokenness. I was told of a book that I plan to order soon. It is "The Middle Mom"and is about foster parenting. I love the rest of the title.."how to grow your heart by giving it away". So, maybe that is the plan here. Maybe God is growing my heart.
Today, we are going to church in another town. One of my students is getting baptized and asked me to please attend. I felt honored she would ask. I am also glad she knows I am a Believer. I love when my students talk about prayer, God, church, etc. I'm limited, by teaching public school, but I can sure share and encourage their conversations. If each of us takes Jesus in our hearts, school/work can be a wonderful, powerful, ministry. We can forget our lunch, our jacket, our lesson plans...but NEVER Jesus. It is all about Him no matter where we are.
We are happy to be out for Christmas break and are anticipating our family's arrival with great excitement! I love when we are all together though it goes by to quickly every time! Our family grows and things change. I'm glad the love is constant. Unconditional. I feel blessed today by so many things. I also feel the need to stop and be purposefully thankful for loving parents( Loving entails ALOT), for my children, my husband, my sisters, their families, family we have chosen thru our lives, happiness, and so much more.
Today, I'm going to live on purpose, with purpose.
No comments:
Post a Comment