Friday, June 19, 2009

Words of a friend

I recently read the words of a friend. A question, "How can I help you stand through this?" Not spoken to me but powerful words. Reaching out, offering, serving. I loved it.

In moments of joy, we reach out to those close, those who will share it with us. Joy overflows and can't be contained.

Moments of fear and hurt, sometimes we reach out, sometimes we try to hold it within us and attempt to be strong. But holding it in makes it sour and more painful. The longer it is "in" it cements to the depths of us and makes it nearly impossible to share. Cement is heavy.

I hope you know, I am always here and I want to know how I can help you stand through whatever You're going through.

1 comment:

  1. The same holds true back the other way! I love the "quiet standing by" of family and friends when there are hard moments/experiences. We know they are there. Thanx for the times you have been that to me.

    ReplyDelete