Today I went to "Mountain View Cemetary" to my grandparents grave. I know it is the day to remember fallen soldiers, but I remembered the people who gave life to my Mother. I recalled memories, shed some tears, prayed and, of course, cleaned up the grave a little. Mom met me there and we shared some emotions and memories. Life is so precious and that little dash is so short, even at its longest.
Spring is just arriving here, so between that and the drought, it isn't so pretty looking. I took a picture of the view from the grave for my far away relatives. I loved the many flags flying in this little country cemetary.


I love walking around cemetaries, as I've blogged before. Today, I took a few pictures of some graves that intrigue me.


We are remembered by passerbys whether our graves are elaborate or just plain and simple. I prefer to plain and simple. I did get a chuckle that the older gravestones say "borned". Hmmmm...that verb has evolved over time.
Happy Memorial Day. I hope you have good memories, cleansing tears and deep, deep breaths of air because you are still here. Make your dash count.



Cool cemetery stones, Marlene. Wow... your country is very dry.
ReplyDeleteThanx for the picture(s). Glad that memories don't need gravestones, but it does make us consider "the dash". Borned is still a word where we live!!! :)
ReplyDelete