Thursday, December 30, 2010

The sweet and the bitter, mixed together

My heart is a little burdened today. We buried a wonderful man with whom we attended church. He was almost 90 but was the giver of hugs, love, "I love yous" and "God Bless yous". So mixed with sadness is also gladnesss for his love of God and God's love for him.

We made it thru the Christmas season with our new foster daughter, age 9. She is a sweetie and easy to have. She has one emotion: happy. Well, that is the only one she allows. The other eek out thru her eyes and other things I observe. Someone said that fostering is like "putting a bandaid on a broken leg". She said it having been a foster parent and adopting, so it wasn't a statement of hopelessness. Again, in the depth of my sadness for this girl and all broken children, I find hope knowing that I am not the solution, but God is the creator of miracles and I believe in Him! It is only through faith in God that I can do this foster parent thing. I love reading the verses of Jesus's dealing with children and his soft heart towards them.

No comments:

Post a Comment