Sunday, December 13, 2009

Still Counting...Multitude Monday

201. Today we studied Mark 2. Would I care so much about someone's spiritual healing that I'd allow a hole to be cut in the roof to allow them to know Jesus? Hmm...it made me wonder how much I'm willing to sacrifice so someone can be touched by Jesus. It makes me thankful for the people who have sacrificed for me and been by my side in my relationship with God.

202. I'm thankful for being trusted by my foster daughter. For being one whom she can "throw up" from her heart, and trust with the gunk.

203. I'm thankful for the pain I feel when my kids hurt. Why? because I know the privelege of being a Mom with all the risks and benefits.

204. I'm thankful for quiet times in our house that stimulate conversations, laughter, closeness.

205. I'm thankful for this Christmas season. Yes, it is commercialized, it is stressful for many, but it is also a time when people open their hearts to the less fortunate. I like when I see small kindnesses.

206. I'm thankful for Daelena..my friend..who took the girls today and made candy with them. I'm thankful for good, God loving friends who are willing to help me mentor my children. It takes a village...

207. What would life be without a few growing pains in our family? We've never been a foster family and we feel some growing pains. I'm thankful though. Even the painful times, the tears, the adjustments...they help us grow. Growing hurts sometimes.

208. I'm thankful for the fullness and the feeling that comes from GIVING!

209. I'm thankful for Christmas cards from friends and family. I love the photos, the updates, the wishes. I love my mail at this time of year!

210. I am thankful for Christmas cards that say "Merry Christmas". (read my soapbox on that in last December's pile of posts!) Don't get me wrong, I love ALL cards.

211-213. We will host a potluck, a hayride and Christmas caroling next weekend. I am thankful for this tradition! I'm thankful for the simplicity of it and the big memories that are made. I'm thankful for good friends who love it too!

214. I'm thankful for little things like my foster daughter adding a Bible to her Christmas wish list. Oh..those are the BIG things in my week! I truly thank God for those little BIG things! His work is so subtle and surprising. I just cant wait to see what he does in my world tomorrow!

I hope your Christmas season is going well. I hope you are enjoying the lights, the songs, the smells of the season. Most of all, I hope you feel the touch of kindness in your life so strongly that you pass it on!

1 comment: