Life sometimes zaps our creative edge, but thankfully, it is resilient. Writing is good for my soul. Cheap, healthy medicine! Well...until you include the colored pens and nice paper! Nothing like hot pink or orange ink to make me happy.
I'm been thinking about who we REALLY are...when the blinders come off, nakedness in the mirror..who are we? I think we hide that from each other. I'm pretty sure of it, really. Then, for some, old age is cruel and their REAL personalities come out in the form of altzheimers and dementia. Their secrets spill out and I wonder if they are really so ugly that they needed to be hid so long? What a wonderful world if we could just be "us". Were all weird and we all have flaws. We're human.
People change. We all do. We either mellow and settle into acceptance of ourselves, or we chase youth, beauty and other fast and uncatchable things. There is a balance of these, it seems. Somewhere. I know a few people who have gracefully found that balance. What a gift!
No comments:
Post a Comment