I just love special needs children! I have had the opportunity to work with kids with autism, before I taught. I work with special needs kids in my classroom. It is my passion. I have learned so much from them.
I have a child with Non Verbal Learning Disorder/Asbergers and mild cerebral palsy. This kid amazes me beyond amazement! What some call a disability is truly an opportunity! The strength, perseverence, faith, and so many other awesome characteristics have come from the challenges life has presented. Yes, this is where my passion began and my education became my life. NOTHING is impossible.
Check out the link below, please. Due to being a foster family, we were invited to an all expense paid skiing trip where my foster daughter would learn to ski (MAJOR fear issues...) , and my own kids would be ski instructors to a child with special needs. We can't go, unfortunately, but I am sooooo impressed with what this foundation does, I have to share it.
www.friendsforeverfnd.org
I am unable to look at your blog on my computer. For some odd reason it will not open your page, or a few others. Therefore, I am really behind here. Today I am using someone else's computer and can finally peek in on you guys! Love those kids of yours. I think Cody is even taller with each picture. Give everyone hugs for me!
ReplyDelete