Saturday, February 26, 2011

Musings

20 years ago, my best friend married her soul mate. They designed her ring..a marquis diamond with triangle rubies on the sides. I got engaged two months later to someone who had only met Vicki and Jeff, but didn't "know" them due to the distance between our homes at the time. My husband designed my ring, without me even knowing he was planning it. A marquis with two triangle diamonds. Almost exactly like Vicki's by complete coincidence. She recently added her husband's band to hers, when he passed away. I love the 'coincidences', or God's winks, that tell me our friendship is no coincidence at all.
Jon Paul and I were friends from age..???? 5 ish?? My childhood best bud. Vicki and I were spending a wonderful evening together when JP walked in to the hotel lobby, with his girlfriend. We spent the next couple of hours talking and laughing. Friends are our chosen family...and we love them REAL.

Whoever said, "white men can't jump" lied. My tall white boy is gettin' some air here! So proud of him...coming back late in the season after letting his skin graft heal.
....it is good that teenagers sleep late. This is God's way of keeping our grocery bill affordable. Yesterday, we got up at 5 to travel. Breakfast at 5:30....and again at 8:45...lunch at noon...dinner at 5:30...pizza after swimming at 9:30...mac and cheese at 11...and then to bed. Please sleep late, son! Oh! And your new bedtime is right after supper!


No comments:

Post a Comment