A week ago, yesterday, my best friend's husband died of mental illness/depression. My friend is my chosen sister, who has been walking my journey, side by side, with me since I was a young teenager. She lost her best friend, her husband, the father of their children. My heart is so broken for them, for his parents, for the hole he left in this world. Mental illness is a serious, disabling disease. Take depression seriously. He was a brilliant man. A mechanical engineer, creative, wise, kind, humourous...not a man I would have ever pictured who would face such darkness. If someone you know is in a stressful job, make sure they pace themselves.
My mind and heart are weary from trying to bare the burden..tugging, straining, wishing I could take the pain or at least help carry it. Grief is a heavy burden, but you can't take it away. You can walk along side and cry with a friend..and listen. Pray.
I feel blessed to have shared the last week with the family. While I feel empty and lost to be back home, I want to embrace today and realize how precious every moment is.
I'll catch you up on our lives soon. Lots of happy things have happened so I'll get those up soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment